Have you ever dreamed of the Kool-Aid Man busting through your wall with a refreshing fruit drink? That was a reoccurring dream for me during childhood and I loved it.
Kool-Aid was such a big part of my childhood and it’s something I’ve carried into adulthood. There are so many great flavors and possibilities. Have you ever baked with Kool-Aid? I love it! I actually just headed out to Walmart and picked up a couple huge 96 oz. container of Kool-Aid for this #CollectiveBias shop and thought of a great treat I wanted to make.Tutti Frutti swirled cupcakes.
As soon as I thought of them I was ready to devour them. I mean really, can you think of anything more suitable to celebrating summer? I always associate Kool-Aid with summer and now these cupcakes hold the same association.
I also have a pretty neat trick for anyone with light colored hair that wants a temporary color change. We’ll check that out after you see how I make my Tutti Frutti swirled cupcakes.
These were so easy to make and the flavor is out of this world. Of course it is, Kool-Aid is involved!
The first thing I did to make my Tutti Frutti swirled cupcakes was make the batter. I used an allergy free yellow batter (darn those pesky allergies!), separated into 2 batches.
I alternated dropping the different batters into the cupcake cups and used a toothpick to mix them a little bit.
Pop them in the oven and wait for that fruity goodness to be done.
I used grape and tropical punch flavored Kool-Aid for these Tutti Frutti Swirled Cupcakes. It was even easier since they were already made and in a 96 oz. bottle!
Here’s my recipe:
More Kool-Aid Fun
Take 1 packet of Kool-Aid in your preferred color (cherry and grape are awesome) and empty it into a small bowl. Add about 2 tablespoons of conditioner to the powder. Use a brush to apply the color and leave it there for 20 minutes.
Rinse with lukewarm water and voila – colored hair without the commitment or harsh chemicals. The color will come out as soon as you shampoo. This is great for teen girls who are begging to dye their hair funky colors.
*For a longer lasting color you can add a few drops of vinegar*
*Awesome News Alert*
Jim Dillard, pro fisherman, could be coming to your local Walmart! There will be product giveaways, t-shirts, games, and more fun activities!
- Friday May 30th 5-7pm: 13675 Highway 43 Russellville, AL WM Supercenter
- Saturday May 31st 3-5pm: 3100 Hough Rd Florence, AL WM Supercenter
- Saturday May 31st 6-8pm: 517 Avalon Ave Muscle Shoals, AL WM Supercenter
- Friday June 20th 5-7pm: 1210 Mineral Wells Ave Paris, TN WM Supercenter
- Saturday June 21st 3-5pm: 1225 Paris Rd Murray, KY WM Supercenter
- Saturday June 21st 6-8pm: 809 N 12th St Murray, KY WM Supercenter
- Friday August 8th 5-7pm: 360 Harbison Blvd Columbia, SC WM Supercenter
- Saturday August 9th 3-5pm: 1326 Bush River Rd Columbia, SC WM Supercenter
- Saturday August 9th 6-8pm: 2401 Augusta Rd West Columbia, SC WM Supercenter