Separately these ingredients make great snack options and perfect lunchbox companions. I can totally see dipping pretzels, fruits, and crackers into the Jif Salted Caramel Hazelnut Spread – it is delicious! Strawberry Jam can be used for many things as well – in fact I’m in the process of creating a yummy jelly roll recipe to share with you guys.
But today isn’t about jelly rolls – it is about these moist apple cupcakes with a creamy, rich salted caramel hazelnut frosting. Yes, they are as good as they sound! Maybe even better.
Apple Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Hazelnut Frosting Recipe #Snackation
Once they’re made you can take them along on your own Snackation. A trip to the zoo, park, or playground. Across the country or in your own backyard. The beauty of a snackation isn’t so much where you go as who you are with. Enjoying a snack filled day with the family can happen anywhere and I suggest planning a snackation at least once a month.
If you are at a loss for how to spend your #Snackation you can get inspiration from the bloggers below.
Growing up, my youngest brother was obsessed with lawn mowers and tractors. He used to sit outside my grandmother’s house for hours watching the tractors in the fields. He would constantly beg to mow the lawn at home. I never understood the obsession but these Lawn Mower Cupcakes just make me think of him. Maybe it’s a boy thing?
If you have little boys in your life then these Lawn Mower Cupcakes will definitely be a big hit with them. They are easy to make and almost too cute to eat!
How to Make Lawn Mower Cupcakes
This recipe will yield 16 regular size cupcakes.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup whole milk
DIRECTIONS FOR CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Grease muffin pan or line pan with cupcake liners.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Add the eggs to the creamed butter, one at a time, beating well with each addition.
6. Stir in the vanilla extract.
7. Add half of the flour and half of the milk and beat well.
8. Add the remaining flour and milk and beat until well-incorporated.
9. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
10. Bake 15-17 minutes at 350 degrees or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
11. Let cupcakes cool in pan for 10 minutes.
12. Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to finish the cooling process.
13. Ice the cupcakes when completely cooled.
INGREDIENTS FOR GREEN ‘GRASS’ ICING
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 T vanilla extract
2 T cold milk
Green food gel
DIRECTIONS FOR GREEN “GRASS” ICING
1. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter.
2. With an electric mixer on low, add half of the sugar until well blended.
3. Add the rest of the sugar and beat on medium speed until smooth.
4. Add food green gel until you reach your desired color of dark green grass.
5. NOTE: to thin icing, add 1 T milk and to thicken icing, add 1 T powdered sugar.
HOW TO MAKE ‘GRASS’ ICING ON CUPCAKES
1. Fill 3/4 decorating bag with green icing and attach a Wilton #233 tip.
2. Hold the decorating bag straight up and squeeze to create a glass blade.
3. Immediately after squeezing pull up and away when the icing strand is about 1/2 inch. Stop squeezing and pull tip away.
4. Be sure to keep the strands together so none of the cupcake shows through.
5. NOTE: for a more natural grass look, you can pull the tip slightly to the left or right.
RICE KRISPIES TREATS
Recipe yield : 9×13 pan
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
Two 10 oz. bags of mini marshmallows
10 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Line a 13×9 pan with foil and spray with Pam. Set aside.
2. In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over low heat.
3. Add the marshmallows to the melted butter, stirring constantly.
4. Once the marshmallows are melted, remove from heat and stir in the cereal, salt and vanilla until well-coated.
5. Using a rubber spatula, transfer the cereal mixture to prepared pan and press down evenly.
6. Allow the Rice Krispies Treats to cool in the pan completely before cutting into even squares to resemble the base of a lawnmower.
HOW TO ASSEMBLE THE LAWNMOWER
Rice Krispie squares (cut from recipe above)
Mini Reese’s peanut butter cups
Leftover icing from cupcakes
1. Take a mini Oreo and spread a small amount of frosting on the back of the cookie and press firmly on the side of the Rice Krispie to resemble a wheel of the lawn mower.
2. Repeat step 1 three more times until you have 2 “wheels” on each side of the Rice Krispies square.
3. Cut a miniature peanut butter cup in half.
4. Spread a small amount of frosting on the front of the peanut butter cup and place on the Rice Krispies square to resemble the “motor.”
5. Take 2 bendable straws and cut them shorter to your desired height.
6. With a scissors, make a very tiny slit at the end of each straw to make it easier to push one end of a straw into the other one so they resemble the handle to a lawn mower.
7. Push both ends of each straw into the Rice Krispies square.
Have you ever dreamed of the Kool-Aid Man busting through your wall with a refreshing fruit drink? That was a reoccurring dream for me during childhood and I loved it.
Kool-Aid was such a big part of my childhood and it’s something I’ve carried into adulthood. There are so many great flavors and possibilities. Have you ever baked with Kool-Aid? I love it! I actually just headed out to Walmart and picked up a couple huge 96 oz. container of Kool-Aid for this #CollectiveBias shop and thought of a great treat I wanted to make.Tutti Frutti swirled cupcakes.
As soon as I thought of them I was ready to devour them. I mean really, can you think of anything more suitable to celebrating summer? I always associate Kool-Aid with summer and now these cupcakes hold the same association.
I also have a pretty neat trick for anyone with light colored hair that wants a temporary color change. We’ll check that out after you see how I make my Tutti Frutti swirled cupcakes.
These were so easy to make and the flavor is out of this world. Of course it is, Kool-Aid is involved!
The first thing I did to make my Tutti Frutti swirled cupcakes was make the batter. I used an allergy free yellow batter (darn those pesky allergies!), separated into 2 batches.
I alternated dropping the different batters into the cupcake cups and used a toothpick to mix them a little bit.
Pop them in the oven and wait for that fruity goodness to be done.
I used grape and tropical punch flavored Kool-Aid for these Tutti Frutti Swirled Cupcakes. It was even easier since they were already made and in a 96 oz. bottle!
Here’s my recipe:
More Kool-Aid Fun
Now for a fun little project you can do at home. I did this all the time during middle school. I have a yearbook picture of me with green hair thanks to Kool-Aid.
Take 1 packet of Kool-Aid in your preferred color (cherry and grape are awesome) and empty it into a small bowl. Add about 2 tablespoons of conditioner to the powder. Use a brush to apply the color and leave it there for 20 minutes.
Rinse with lukewarm water and voila – colored hair without the commitment or harsh chemicals. The color will come out as soon as you shampoo. This is great for teen girls who are begging to dye their hair funky colors.
*For a longer lasting color you can add a few drops of vinegar*
*Awesome News Alert*
Jim Dillard, pro fisherman, could be coming to your local Walmart! There will be product giveaways, t-shirts, games, and more fun activities!
Friday May 30th 5-7pm: 13675 Highway 43 Russellville, AL WM Supercenter
Saturday May 31st 3-5pm: 3100 Hough Rd Florence, AL WM Supercenter
Saturday May 31st 6-8pm: 517 Avalon Ave Muscle Shoals, AL WM Supercenter
Friday June 20th 5-7pm: 1210 Mineral Wells Ave Paris, TN WM Supercenter
Saturday June 21st 3-5pm: 1225 Paris Rd Murray, KY WM Supercenter
Saturday June 21st 6-8pm: 809 N 12th St Murray, KY WM Supercenter