If you’re like most women, or even men for that matter, your skincare regimen is probably pretty time-consuming. With all the cleansers, toners, serums, exfoliants and other skincare products, it seems we would stop at nothing, no matter how expensive or extreme, to get healthy, radiant skin. However, sometimes less is definitely more when it comes to skincare. Keep reading to discover how you can pare down and simplify your skincare routine, and experience great skin the process.
Depending on your skin type, you might spend a lot of time washing your face. What’s more, if you have problem skin, there’s a good chance your cleansing regimen is a trial-and-error process. And, for some people, finding the right cleansing product is an impossible task. Thankfully, the following tips can help:
- Don’t wash too often. No matter your skin type, over-washing can result in irritation and dryness. Plus, while it may seem counterintuitive, frequent washing won’t keep acne at bay. In fact, washing too often will speed up the skin’s production of oils, which results in blackheads and breakouts.
- Choose the right products. Most OTC cleansers contain harsh ingredients like alcohol, benzoyl peroxide and other chemical agents. To experience clear, glowing skin, avoid these products in favor of those free of unnatural dyes, fragrances and other chemicals.
- Use gentle pressure. When it comes to cleansing the delicate skin on your face, it’s always best to use a gentle touch. Scrubbing and exfoliating can irritate sensitive skin, and prompt the production of oils and bacteria.
Acne, blackheads and other blemishes happen to the best of us. Due to factors like stress, diet and hormonal balance, breakouts can occur, no matter your age or lifestyle choices. If you experience acne, keep the following points in mind when it comes to achieving clear, beautiful skin:
- Keep it simple. Using a barrage of products and techniques will only worsen acne. Instead, keep your routine simple with a gentle, all-natural cleanser and oil-free moisturizer.
- Use natural products. Don’t irritate acne-prone skin with chemical-laden products. Natural products, like those available at http://www.amoils.com, address acne symptoms without leaving your skin dry, irritated or inflamed.
- Always moisturize. Although most people with acne are often hesitant to moisturize, not doing so can actually lead to breakouts. Moisturizer soothes the skin, and keeps the body’s production of oils in check.
- Spot-treat. Instead of slathering the entire face with acne-treating products, just spot treat blemishes as they arise. This will prevent dryness and irritation, and lend to smooth, blemish-free skin.
Regular moisturizing is an essential step in any skincare regimen. Use the following tips to choose the type of moisturizer that best suits your skin type:
- Oily skin. If you have oily, acne-prone skin, stick to oil-free moisturizers with natural ingredients. These options leave the skin smooth and refreshed, without the heaviness associated with other moisturizers.
- Dry skin. For dry skin, heavier creams and serums can leave the skin soft, smooth and supple. For best results, apply at least twice a day.
- Sensitive or combination skin. To soothe sensitive or combination skin, use gentle, water-based moisturizers once or twice a day.
- Aging skin. If you’re concerned with the signs of aging, try moisturizers than contain vitamin C and retinol. These powerful antioxidants can promote the healthy turnover of skin cells, as well as enhance the skin’s elasticity.
If healthy, radiant skin is your goal, remember that less is more. Use the simple, all-natural skincare tips provided to keep your skin healthy, glowing and blemish-free.