THE LOOK: A voluminous textured top knot that was romantic and whimsical.
INSPIRATION: Celebrity hairstylist, Adir Abergel, gave Saoirse Ronan a beautiful top knot for the 2016 SAG Awards.
“I was inspired by the sleek and modern dress and I wanted a statuesque yet carefree undone updo that sat at the crown,” he says.
Adir is giving us the details on how to get this sleek and modern look step by step.
How To Get The Look:
- I applied NEW John Frieda Luxurious Volume® Perfectly Full™ Mousse all over the roots through mid-shaft on towel dried hair. I then hand dried the hair and took a large round brush to create a soft voluminous blowout.
- Then I used a 1 1/4″ curling on large sections of hair to create random waves and texture.
- Next, I took a comb and teased the roots of her hair and pulled it loosely into a top ponytail leaving some height around the front.
- Then I took the ponytail and back combed it prior to wrapping it around in a big deconstructed bun and pinning it in place.
- I locked the look down with NEW John Frieda Luxurious Volume® Forever Full® Hairspray.
- I made sure some pieces fell around the hairline for a more whimsical and romantic effect.