No matter how hot it is outside I’m always up for adding heat to my meals. I’m the type that puts hot sauce on pretty much anything that I eat. Maybe it’s my Latina blood or maybe I am just a masochist because the hotter the food the better. Something I’ve come to realize over the years is that not all hot sauces are created equal. Some are not hot enough, some are too hot and then there are those that are just right. Finding the perfect balance for your recipes takes some trial and error but El Yucateco is a great place to start.
Unlike other hot sauce brands El Yucateco offers a diverse selection of hot sauce ranging in heat factors. They also put as much emphasis on flavor as heat which can’t be said about all hot sauces. They actually have 4 varieties of hot sauce available (I get mine from Walmart)- each focusing on different peppers. El Yucateco Hot Sauce options are:
- Red Habanero Sauce – Revolves around habanero peppers, red tomatoes and fine spices. Is great for spicing up your shrimp cocktail and Bloody Mary’s.
- Green Habanero Sauce – Revolves around green habanero peppers, garlic and fine spices. Try adding it to chicken or tuna salad to give it a nice kick.
- XXXtra Hot Kutbil-ik Sauce – Revolves around fiery habaneros and derived from an original Mayan recipe from Mexico. This is an extremely hot hot sauce that is sure to spice up any meal.
- Black Label Reserve – The newest addition to the El Yucateco hot sauce line. Offers a well balanced combination of sweet, savory and smoky with a moderate amount of spice. Black Label Reserve is found exclusively at Walmart!
Like I said before, I’m all about adding hot sauce to everything, even my desserts. I found that El Yucateco’s Black Label Reserve goes incredibly in my 2 minute Peanut Butter & Chocolate Mug Cake. The sauce gives the recipe a boost and adds a savory twist to my favorite quick dessert. I have to admit I was surprised by just how balanced the mug cake was. The heat is not overwhelming at all as the sweetness mellows it out a lot.
Get even more creative use ideas for El Yucateco by visiting their Facebook fan page and liking them. Also, find El Yucateco recipes here and here.
There are so many possibilities when it comes to hot sauce and finding out what works (and what doesn’t) is a lot of fun. El Yucateco is my first choice in hot sauces and I want you to try it too! To help you along, we have a great giveaway for a fun El Yucateco prize pack which includes the following:
- $75 Walmart gift card
- Gift Basket with include El Yucateco products and apparel
- a wood cutting board and cheese knives
- approximately $155 in total retail value!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. El Yucateco Giveaway ends on 8/29/14 at 6:00PM ET. Open only to (i) legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, and (ii) who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Void in PR and where prohibited. Sponsor: Collective Bias, Inc.
More Chances to Win
Join us at the bilingual #SauceOn Twitter Party for inspiration and ideas on how to bring more excitement to your everyday meals by using El Yucateco. We’ll be sharing delicious and exciting recipes using El Yucateco and there will be $550 in Walmart gift cards!
RSVP here: http://www.sofabchats.com/parties/233-sauceon