Do I have your attention?
I can’t think of much that’s better than chocolate. I love dark chocolate because 1.) it’s my favorite chocolate and 2.) it’s loaded with healthy goodness as opposed to milk chocolate and white chocolate.
Did you know dark chocolate is filled with nutritional benefits?
- Good for the blood sugar – Dark Chocolate contains flavonoids which help reduce insulin resistance
- Good for the brain – Dark chocolate increases blood flow to the brain which may improve cognitive function. It also reduces the risk of stroke
- Good for the heart – dark chocolate has been shown to help reduce blood pressure when eaten in small amounts a couple times a week. It may also prevent arteriosclerosis
- Good for the body – Dark chocolate is high in Potassium, Copper, Magnesium, Iron
- Good for the teeth – Dark Chocolate contains Theobromine, which helps harden tooth enamel.
That’s it for today’s health lesson. Did you learn anything new?
Now on to the good stuff… the recipe for Dark Chocolate Brownies. These are fudgy brownies and are absolutely amazing. The dark chocolate adds so much depth and the texture is out of this world.